Did you know that 72% of consumers prefer email as their main source of business communications (Source: Constant Contact)? In fact, there are ample statistics that show brokers need email marketing. However, not every business communication is ideal for email. For instance, content marketing (blog posts, infographics, etc.) is best for examples of loan scenarios and FAQs. And social media marketing is best to share news articles and to connect with other industry leaders. Here is when it is best to use email marketing.
Use Email Marketing for Lead Nurturing
Lead nurturing emails are designed to build relationships with your contacts and database. These emails should be:
- Customer-focused- rather than talk about yourself and your accomplishments, talk about how you can help your customers.
- Personalized and targeted- marketing emails should only be sent to contacts they are relevant to. Owner occupiers do not want to hear about investor loans, and vice-versa.
- Educational- only send emails that provide value to your clients.
For additional guidance, see our relationship building templates.
Use Email Marketing to Share Product Updates
Brokers should use email marketing to share a new loan product or feature, such as lower rates, new rate structures etc. Here are some tips for product email marketing success:
- Be consistent with your messaging and language. If you talk about rental loans, do not switch the terminology to loans for buy and hold investors.
- Add an image. Emails with images tend to get higher engagement.
- Keep the content short and sweet. Focus on what is important and leave everything else out. Bullet points can be a great tool as well.
Use Email Marketing to Promote Your Content
For brokers with blogs, sharing your content provides industry authority and establishes credibility. The content you send in the emails should be:
- Relevant- do not send tips on improving your credit score to contacts with 800+ credit scores.
- Highly researched- make sure all your content is accurate and credible.
- Grammatically correct- poor grammar and spelling will lower the authority you are trying to build as an industry expert.
For your best email marketing results and list organization, we recommend using an email marketing platform, such as Constant Contact. Sign up for your FREE 60-day Constant Contact trial here. For additional marketing tools, see our Marketing Solutions Resource Page.