According to BuildUp, millennials are predicted to spend $1.4 trillion on travel each year by 2020, with the average millennial spending $2,915 a year on vacation. Millennials are the generation born between 1990 and 1999. This generation prefers vacation rentals to hotels and cares heavily about connectivity and social media. Interested in attracting millennials to your vacation rentals? Here are ways to appeal to millennials with bonus Amazon finds to help you do so:
Add smart home devices.
- Millennials love staying connected and the convenience of technology. In addition to offering streaming services such as Hulu and high speed Wifi, millennials will appreciate:
- Smart Locks: Millennials want immediate property entrance without worrying about keys. We like the best-selling Kwikset Contemporary Electronic Keypad. See more smart locks we like.
- Smart Lights: What is more convenient than walking into a room and having the lights turn on for you? The Boxlood Motion Sensor Light Bulbs are highly rated and have a 20 feet sensor range. Bonus, they can save a lot of energy.
Offer games that millennials like.
- Checkers and Chess might not draw in millennials; here are some games that millennials will enjoy:
- Card Game: Cards Against Humanity is a millennial favorite. Described as “despicable and awkward,” it always provides a good laugh.
- Board Game: Weird Things Human Search For provides a great time and some interesting insight into what people search for on Google.
Up your coffee game.
- Millennials are bored by the basic coffee maker. Add a better coffee experience to your vacation rentals with:
- Espresso Machine: We like the DeLonghi Bar Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker. It’s affordable, convenient, and easy to clean.
- French Press: Many millennials appreciate a French Press over a coffee maker. Plus, the Bodum Brazil French Press Coffee and Tea Maker is under $20!