Saying that marketing a vacation or long-term rental property is competitive is a huge understatement. To give you an idea, we searched Orange Beach, Alabama vacation rentals available in December 2019 on HomeAway and got 9,357 results. Similarly, we searched houses for rent currently in Houston, Texas and got over 3,000 results. So, the question then becomes, how do you stand out from the thousands of other listings in your area? Here are five social media tips that are sure to make your rentals stand out.
Have a public profile, whether it is on Instagram or Facebook. You can choose.
- If you are an AirBnB or short-term rental host, your social page can be dedicated to your rentals.
- If you own long-term rentals, your profile can be about landlording and property management.
Take professional/high quality photos showcasing how beautiful your rentals are, inside and out.
Showcase the great local spots.
- This could be your first-hand experience with photos and captions. Examples include shopping, coffee shops, walking trails, restaurants, etc.
Engage with other local businesses on social media.
- Engagement will help boost your reach and exposure.
Encourage your tenants and vacationers to follow your social channels.
- For an AirBnb or short-term rental, include your social media information with your contact information. Tell your vacationers to follow you for tips and local suggestions.
- For a long-term rental, encourage your tenants to tag your account and share their favorite local spots. It’s always good to have user-generated content.
For more tips on marketing your rental properties, check out our Investor Resources Page.
Tiffany Yang is a freelance digital marketing specialist, branding expert, and social media influencer. Visit tiffanyevanna.com to learn more.