While you always hope there is not an emergency at your vacation rental, it is good to be prepared. And your guests, families especially, will appreciate your preparedness. Here are some actions we suggest you take to be ready for an emergency:
Create a list of clearly labeled emergency contact information.
Evolve Vacation Rental Network recommends including:
- Information for the nearest hospital including the phone number and address
- Information for the nearest Urgent Care center including the phone number and address
- Information for the rental’s main point of contact
Make sure you have a good first aid kit.
Here are some we like on Amazon:
- The First Aid Only 299 All-Purpose First Aid Kit: This kit includes all the essentials, is well-organized, and portable.
- DeftGet First Aid Kit: This kit is FDA approved and is equipped with 163 pieces, including a flashlight.
In case of a power outage, be sure to have a flashlight and battery-powered radio.
Here are ones we like from Amazon:
- Gearlight LED Tactical Flashlight: These flashlights offer five modes, are water and shock resistant, and offer ultra-bright wide area beams.
- KOZO Weather Radio for Emergency: This radio can be charged multiple ways, offers a long range of reception, and can even charge your cell phone.
Be sure to have a solid vacation rental insurance policy. Check out our blog post on “Full Guide to Landlord Insurance & Liability Coverage” for additional guidance.
Want more vacation rental insights and tips? Check out the “Vacation Rental” section of our blog. Want more investor resources? Check out our Resources Page.
Related: An Overview of Visio's Vacation Rental Loan Program