Finding a broker can be a daunting task, especially because brokers don’t have the same rigorous fiduciary responsibilities as attorneys. So how can you trust that a broker will have your best interests in mind and not just search for the highest commission opportunities? Here are our top 5 tips for finding a great broker:
Ask for referrals
- from friends, realtors, investors, etc. The best way to find a trusted broker is to find someone with first-hand, positive experience.
Network at events
- such as REIAs to grow your circle for more connections to brokers or even other investors who can recommend brokers.
Check the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- to find accredited brokers in your area. Also look for any complaints or positive reviews.
Check the National Association of Mortgage Brokers (NAMB)
- to find members in your area. NAMB members are held to a high code of ethics and are required to take continuing education classes.
Do a Google search
- for brokers in your area. However, be sure to check credentials, state licensing, and reviews before moving forward.
Want more investor tips? Check out our Resources Page.
Related: How to Find a Great Realtor, How to Choose a Property Management Company