When guests book a vacation home, the key word is vacation. They are taking time off work and away from their everyday lives, they have often saved up for this, and they always consider a vacation a treat. It’s not enough any more to just provide the basics; guests want more. Lodgify has a great list of must-have rental home amenities. We went through this list, added some of our own, and perused Amazon for inexpensive products that would provide the amenities:
- Provide over 100 game options in one convenient, affordable set with the TCG Toys 100 Classic Games Collection. At just $14.99, this set comes with 5 double sided game boards, chess pieces, checkers pieces, dice, and more.
- Offer cozy throw blankets for relaxation with these Amrapur Overseas Blankets. Get two for less than $25. Bonus, they are stylish and come in lots of colors.
- Give guests the opportunity to share their experiences and see others with this Chic Rustic Guestbook. This book has 150 pages of space and is decorative and affordable at $11.49.
- Provide a hairdryer that doesn’t take up too much space with the Revlon Compact & Lightweight Hair Dryer. While hairdryers are a must in all vacation rentals, they don’t have to take up room or cost a fortune. At only $9.94, this one comes with two heat speeds and settings.
- Provide a coffee maker that makes up to 12 cups with the Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker. This coffee maker is easy-to-use and makes plenty of coffee in one use. Plus, it is highly affordable at $25.75.
Keep in mind pricing and availability may change. Preparing your vacation rental? HomeAway has a fantastic essential items checklist. Want more investor resources and tips? See our Resources Page.
Related: Vacation Rental Property Essentials, 3 Tenant Services that Maximize Vacation Rental Profits