When you own a vacation (short-term) rental, thorough cleaning between visitors is imperative. In fact, according to Evolve, a vacation rental network, the number one guest complaint about a property is cleanliness. Avoid complaints by making your vacation rentals shine. We’ve put together this checklist for you of everything that needs to be cleaned:
- Laundry: Wash and resupply fresh items, plus check for stains/tears
- Hand Towels
- Bath mats
- Cleaning: scrub and sanitize
- Sinks/counter tops
- All appliances including refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, etc.
- Showers, bathtubs, and toilets
- Mopping: sweep and vacuum all rooms
- Window sills and ledges
- Furniture, blinds, picture frames, ceiling fans
- Trash Removal: Take out all trash and recycling, plus put in new trash bags with extra liners for all trash cans
For more guidance on vacation rental cleaning, download our Vacation Rental Cleaning Checklist. For more vacation rental management tips, visit our Investor Resources.
Related: 4 Ways to Get Vacation Guests Their Keys from HomeAway