An affiliate program is “an agreement in which a business pays another business or influencer (‘the affiliate’) a commission for sending traffic and/or sales their way” (Source: HubSpot).Typically, affiliate programs use trackable links to monitor referrals. The most common method of affiliate marketing is content marketing, yet someone with an affiliate link can spread the word via email, text, Twitter, you name it. When you activate your network, you open up earning potential that can be substantial.
Over the years Visio Lending has grown our business with the support of content partners and word of mouth referrals. To show our appreciation we have implemented an affiliate program through Impact, a leading affiliate marketing company.
For those who are new to Visio Lending or affiliate marketing, we have put together some key information for you including:
- How the program works and what makes a qualified referral
- Who should join the affiliate program and who you should refer
- Ways to market Visio to referrals and proper disclaimers
- Key marketing points for affiliate partners
Getting Started as an Affiliate Partner
Start by signing up through Impact. Once you create an account, you will have access to a trackable and personalized referral link, tools and resources, and a dashboard to monitor your referrals and payments. Our standard terms are $50 per qualified referral, which we define in the next few sections.
How the Affiliate Program Works
Use your tracking link to spread the word about Visio Lending’s leading rental loans programs. The link will have a form, and referrals will be put in touch with a Visio sales rep if they fill it out. For simplicity and transparency, qualified leads will be determined by their form responses, rather than their conversations with our team. At the beginning of each month, we will pay all of our affiliate partners for their qualified referrals.
What Makes a Qualified Referral
The definition of qualified referrals is very straightforward. On the trackable page your referrals will be asked a few questions about themselves and their investment. Here are the questions and the answers we are looking for:
- Property condition: Referral must select rent-ready or needs minor repairs
- Estimated credit score: Referral must have a 680 or above
- Location of property: Property must be in one of our 37 states we lend in or Washington D.C.
- Estimated as-is value: Property must be worth $150,000 or more
- Investment type: Property must be either a buy and hold or vacation rental
- Number of Units: Property must be 1-4 units
If your referral meets ALL of the above criteria, and is a net new lead, it will be considered a qualified lead, and we will pay you for it. Our standard terms are $50 per referral with no limit on number of referrals. Be sure to review our terms and conditions for all other details.
Who Should Join the Affiliate Program
Visio Lending is defining and expanding the eco-system of investors and service providers for single-family and small balance commercial properties. Anyone who networks or works with investors is encouraged to join, including publications and industry professionals.
Anyone who runs a finance blog or produces high quality investor content would be a great fit for our affiliate program. Social media influencers and email marketers also fit into this category.
If you work directly with investors, we encourage you to educate them on our leading rental loans. We work with a number of service providers in the investor eco-system including:
Who to Refer to Visio Lending
Our borrowers are real estate investors looking to grow their portfolios of rental properties. This means they own single family homes (1-4 units) that they rent out. They also could own a variety of different types of smaller commercial buildings including apartment complexes, mixed-use buildings, retail space or office buildings. Typically, our borrowers own 5 or more properties, but the number can vary. We also lend to borrowers looking for financing on vacation rentals. Think, HomeAway and AirBNB properties.
Spreading the Word about Visio's Leading Rental Loans
While content is the key affiliate method, there are many ways to share your trackable URL.
Highlight Visio Lending on your website. You can do this by:
- Including your trackable URL on your FAQ page. Add a question about obtaining financing for rental properties and suggest Visio Lending.
- Link to Visio on your home page. Consider adding a blurb such as “Finance Your Rental with the Nation’s Leader in Rental Loans.”
- Recommend Visio Lending on a trusted partners page. If you work closely with investors, they will genuinely appreciate your suggestions, not just of lenders, but of property managers, realtors, contractors, etc.
Check out our sample posts:
- Airbnb hosts and landlords can easily leverage their properties and obtain more wealth when partnering with Visio Lending. Take your investing game to the next level. You’re welcome in advance! #paidad [Insert Trackable URL]
- Rental property lending with no tax returns or income verification? I promise, it’s not too good to be true. Visio Lending is helping investors across the nation provide affordable housing to renters. Learn the secrets to investing like a pro! #paidad [Insert Trackable URL]
- I know first-hand, conventional lending can be a pain. Building wealth for my kids has become a piece of cake. Make money with your money by investing in single family rental properties. Learn the best kept secret for real estate investors.#paidad [Insert Trackable URL]
Here are some posts we have put together:
- Borrow money like a professional when working with Visio Lending. They offer programs designed just for investors. You can learn how to leverage your current rental properties and grow your real estate portfolio with a streamlined qualification process. Not to mention, no DTI or tax returns required! Too good to be true? Not a chance! #paidad [Insert Trackable URL]
- Investor financing at its finest. I just discovered Visio Lending, which offers fast and simple funding with programs designed for investors. Whether you’re savvy or just joining the game of real estate, Visio Lending’s team can assist you in obtaining and leveraging your rental properties. #paidad [Insert Trackable URL]
- Alternative financing for real estate investors is the best kept secret when banks can no longer help you. Visio Lending has designed programs just for investors. Learn how I have built my rental portfolio by partnering with Visio Lending. #paidad [Insert Trackable URL]
Check out these sample tweets:
- Why not invest with the best? Learn how I am receiving financing for my real estate rental properties and portfolio with my personal link, or shoot me a message and I would be happy to connect you with my private lender. [Insert Trackable URL]
- Turn your real estate investing into a wealth strategy with my funding partner. You can use my personal link to get more information today on growing your real estate portfolio. [Insert Trackable URL]
- You may not know, but I invest in real estate with a funding partner, who's the nation's leader in rental loans. Use my link below to receive more information on how I am growing my portfolio with rental properties. [Insert Trackable URL
- You wouldn’t go to the optometrist for your bad knee, why go to a generic lender for your real estate investing? Customize your investment strategy with my choice of a mortgage lender. Use my personal link to get more insight on how I am investing in real estate. [IInsert Trackable URL]
Already have an email list? Check out our email templates designed to work with your trackable url.
For any post or message about Visio Lending, Referral Partners must include clear and conspicuous disclaimers about their potential referral earnings. Here is how to include your disclaimer and samples you are welcome to use to be compliant:
Option 1: Include a Disclaimer Somewhere Visible on a Website Page
Disclaimer: Please note that if you choose to work with Visio Lending, we will earn a small commission. We choose to refer to Visio Lending because of their expertise, reputation, and superior investor loan programs, not because of the small commissions we make. Please do not do any business with any lender unless you feel they are the right fit for your investment needs and will help you achieve your financial goals.
Disclaimer: This page may contain some affiliate links, and in the event of a sale, we will be awarded a small commission at no extra cost to you. You are responsible for your own due diligence before working with any affiliate partners.
Option 2: Mark a Link as Affiliate Directly Next to It on a Website or Social Post
Check out Visio Lending (Affiliate Link) for investor financing.
Check out Visio Lending (Paid Link) for investor financing.
Option 3: Use the Hashtag "#PaidAd" when Sharing on Social Media
Notice how we used the hashtag “Paid Ad” in our sample social media posts.
For more guidance on Affiliate Disclosures, check out TermsFeed.
Key Marketing Points for Affiliate Partners
As an affiliate partner, it is essential to understand our core loan programs and how to market us.
Why Buy and Hold Investors Choose to Work with Visio
Visio Lending tailors our loan programs to meet the needs of real estate investors. For investors looking to grow their rental portfolios, these are some key features we offer:
- 30 year financing for rent ready, single-family properties, including vacation rentals
- Simpler documentation with no personal DTI and no tax returns
- LTVs up to 80%
- The ability to finance through an LLC
Visio Lending's Credibility
Since 2015, Visio has financed more than $1 billion in Rental360 loans, including $75 million in vacation rental properties. We have thousands of satisfied customers across the country and are a rated mortgage originator by Standard & Poor’s.