Share This Post:
Since its inception, almost one year ago, the Visio Blog has drawn thousands of visitors across the country. We regularly add information on a variety of topics including, landlord taxes, landlord insurance, property management tips, and real estate marketing ideas, just to name a few. Curious to see our most popular posts of all time? We’ve counted them down starting with number five:
5. Understanding DSCR: Debt-Service Coverage Ratio (DSCR) refers to the borrower’s ability to pay back a loan based on the monthly rent of the property. Essentially, it is a way to measure cash flow. Learn more about DSCR and how it impacts buy and hold investors, particularly when applying for a loan.
4. What does it take to be a Visio Broker?: Visio Brokers earn up to 3 pts per loan and made nearly 1 million dollars last year. The process of brokering loans to us is a lot simpler then you might think. Learn the three simple steps involved. By the way, we don’t require a license (except for in California), so anyone can broker loans to us!
3. Bonus Depreciation and Section 179 of the New Tax Code- A Landlord’s Best Friend: In December 2017, Congress passed the historic Tax Cuts and Job Act (TCJA). Learn about the updates to Bonus Depreciation and Section 179 of the new tax code and how they positively impact landlords.
2. Loan Programs Available for SFR Properties: When it comes to loan programs, there are essentially two giant umbrellas: government sponsored and private label loans. We have broken down all of the options, including which ones are for consumers or for investors, and even have a handy downloadable chart.
1. How Landlord can Form LLCs & Reap Tax Benefits in 2018: In the New GOP Tax plan, pass-through businesses (S-corporations, LLCs, partnerships) are taxed 29.6% on income, instead of the previous 37%. In our most popular blog post of all time, learn how you can form an LLC to take advantage of the tax benefits.
At Visio, we strive to be a resource for our partners and offer ample educational blog posts and downloads. Visit our "Resources Page" for more.