Property management software is a critical component when managing any property or block of properties. It helps with efficiency in handling different tasks that would otherwise be challenging and time-consuming. Such duties include financial management, marketing, tracking of inventory, and rental application screening, to name a few.
If you're looking to get started with property management, whether that's through Right-to-Manage or you're a property owner wanting to mange your own portfolio, these FREE property management tools will help you get going.
Cozy enjoys a lot of market popularity, and the basic package is free. Some of the benefits include comprehensive online property listings, in-depth lease agreement terms, photo gallery, and pet and amenity policies, among others. Tenants can also apply directly under the portal.
- Pricing: The software is free to use. You will, however, pay for screening reports, rent estimates, card payments, and express payouts
- Pros: All the core benefits are free and there is no limit on number of tenant applications
- Cons: It could be difficult to use for some people and it doesn't provide access to accounting and maintenance reports
2. Rentec Direct
The basic platform on Rentec Direct is free and works well for small property owners. Some of the functionalities include expense and income tracking, tenant and property accounting, as well as tenant screening.
- Pricing: The basic package is free. The pro and premium packages cost $35 and $40 per month, respectively
Pros: It will help you streamline your Property Management services, and the software is easy-to-use
- Cons: The task organization and Financial Reporting features need improvement, and you can only manage up to ten units on the free version
The basic package on Pendo is free and will give you tons of functionalities if you own one property. All you need to do is develop a website of your property and get access to many digital applications. You can screen tenants, advertise, report, or use the analytics dashboard. You can also collect rent online.
- Pricing: The basic packages are free. The Indie and Pro come in at $29 and $99 per month, respectively
Pros: The basic package is free and offers tons of functionalities
- Cons: The free package restricts you to only one property
4. Tenant Cloud
Tenant Cloud has the advantage of being free for the first 75 units. For numbers above that, you will need to pay a minimum of $9 per month, which is still very affordable. You get help with different property management tasks such as vacancy listings, handling maintenance requests, collecting rent, among others.
- Pricing: Free for up to 75 units
- Pros: Includes lots of features to help you and is easy-to-use
- Cons: The accounting and reporting features need improvement
Use our review above to help you chose the best Free Property Management Tools for 2020. At Scanlans, we use the latest technology to support our residential block management clients. We’re able to provide a seamless service encompassing all repairs and professional services.
Scanlans Property Management is a leading Residential Block Management company based in Manchester, UK.
Want to submit a guest post to Visio Lending? Check out our guest post guidelines.