Solar panels are becoming increasingly more mainstream. While solar panels are not always the best option for everyone, here are five benefits to installing them:
Solar panels can substantially decrease your electricity bill.
- According to ConsumerAffairs, over a 20-year period, Americans can save anywhere from $10,000 to $30,000. Further, if you are going to pay utility bills anyhow, you might as well get a return on investment when you pay off your solar panel system.
Solar panels will increase the value of your home.
- A Zillow study found that, on average, homes with solar panels sell for 4.1% more than other homes, and more than 80% of home buyers say that energy-efficient features are important to them.
Solar panels are low maintenance and long-lasting.
- Most solar panel companies offer a 20-25-year warranty. After installation, there is very little maintenance and upkeep needed.
Solar panels are fantastic for the environment.
- Solstice found that just one American household going solar for one year will save over 12,500 pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. That is the equivalent of driving 18,000 miles less or not charging over 900,000 smartphones.
- LightStream, the nation’s premier online consumer lender offers low rates on solar financing to customers with good to excellent credit. The unsecured LightStream loan offers funds from $5,000 to $100,000 and has no fees or prepayment penalties.
For more resources on managing your rental property, check out our Investor Resources.