Wireless security systems offer affordable alarm systems with easy installation that do not damage any paint. Also, according to Landlordology, one of the top ten amenities tenants look for in rentals is security features. Further, landlords can be held liable for crimes on their property, especially if they did not provide proper security. There are clear benefits to providing a security system for tenants, and now with wireless security systems this option is cheaper and easier than ever. Here are three wireless security systems we recommend from Amazon.
- Key Details: This system comes with 8 pieces including a base station, keypad, entry sensor and motion sensor. It is easy to set up and includes a built-in cellular connection. Plus, for just $14.99 per month, you get 24/7 professional monitoring.
- Why We Like It: You have an expensive option for professional monitoring with no contracts. It also works as an alarm system if you do not want to pay the $14.99 for professional monitoring.
- Key Details: This system comes with a 5-piece kit including a base station, contact sensor, motion detector, keypad, and range connector. You can get professional monitoring for $10 per month and it works with the Ring app.
- Why We Like It: You can pair with other Ring devices, including the Ring doorbell, and customize everything from your phone.
- Key Details: This system is compatible with Alexa and comes with 14 pieces including a main panel, two motion sensors, five window monitors, and two key tags. Like the other systems, you have the option to pay a monthly fee for professional monitoring.
- Why We Like It: This system enables you to control your system remotely with a smartphone applications.
Essentially, there are many great options out there- just a matter of what works best for you. For more ways to add security features to your rental property, see our blog post "3 Cheap Products on Amazon to Increase Property Security." For more investor resources, visit our Resources Page.