So you’ve bought a property, rehabbed it and you’re ready to sell. But you want to sell fast and get the best bang for your buck, right? We asked Brandon Foskey, Visio Financial sales manager and previous Econohomes top sales agent, for some tips and tricks for pitching and selling an investment property.
Backed by the experience of Visio’s sister company Econohomes, which has sold more than 10,000 properties, Foskey offers his top five essentials when selling an investment property
- Price it Right: The homes that sell the best and fastest are priced accurately based on neighborhood comps. It is important that the price reflects other sold homes in the area and that the completed rehab supports your price.
- Ready to Show: Make sure that the rehab is done and the home is staged and clean when appraisal is done, pictures are taken for marketing, or showing begins.
- Put it Out There: Advertise on your local MLS, Zillow, social media, etc., and emphasize what the home has to offer, for example new floors, new roof, marble countertops, etc.
- Focus on Area Benefits: Find the benefits of the area and market those. Talk about the nearby schools, businesses, outdoor parks or lakes. Use the surroundings to help sell the home.
- Ensure Financing: For a smooth sale, it is vital that your buyers have cash or are pre-approved for financing. It is also important to know what kind of financing they are pre-approved for whether FHA, conventional or hard money.